1 Fabric & Paper Cutting System
Getting started with Crafter's Edge Fab Dies is easy, there are only three things that you need: the dies, the metal cutting plate, and the die machine you see here. Create perfect cuts every time with our Crossover II. Simply Place, Roll and Reveal! It's as easy as 1, 2, 3...
When you're working with the finest cutting dies available, you'll want to be using the finest equipment alongside it too. That's why we've developed the Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System. We've poured all the same dedication, time, and skill into the Crossover II as we have in our Fab Dies fabric cutting dies.
Platform Size: 8.5" wide x 12" high
Metal Cutting Plate Size: 8" wide x 10" high
The Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System is a powerful and dependable die cutting machine that is a great addition to any sewing or craft room. You can tackle all kinds of projects large and small using the Crafter's Edge Fab Dies, thin paper cutting dies and steel rule dies. Anyone who wants to cut out unique shapes using dies from a huge range of materials such as fabric, wool, cork, paper, metal, cardboard, craft foam and more will find that this machine is a must have. So if you are a paper crafter, sewer, quilter, an artist or an all around DIYer you will find this machine can help you make the most amazing things.
- ADJUSTABLE ROLLERS Use with multiple types of dies and materials.
- PRECISION CUTTING Get clean, precise cuts every time and reduce fabric fraying.
- SAVE TIME Cut multiple layers at once no matter how intricate.
- STORE AND CARRY Folds away for easy storage and transport.
What makes this die cutting machine different?
Adjustable rollers allow you to adjust the cutting pressure depending on the thickness of the fabric.
The adjustable rollers also make it possible to die cut using other types of dies, including steel rule dies and paper cutting dies.
Fold up cutting platforms double as carrying handles for easy transport and fold up for easy storage.
How does it work?
Using Crafter's Edge Fab Dies is easy. All you need is your favorite dies, Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System and the materials you want to cut.
Remember: Always run test cut to determine optimum pressure for material type and number of layers.
The Crossover II Fabric and Paper Cutting System makes it easy to use many types of dies. You can use most steel rule dies, the Crafter's Edge Fab Dies and standard paper cutting dies in the Crossover II Fabric & Paper Cutting System (die cutting machine). Adjust the pressure of the rollers of the machine so for each die. Make sure that you run a test cut before you start a project so you are comfortable with the settings and amount of layers you are cutting. Show shapes that would be difficult to cut with a rotary blade. Place more than one die on the surface of the cutting area. This will show how people can nest shapes close together to save time and fabric.
Depending on the material, you can cut multiple layers at once. Begin cutting two or three layers at a time and work up to 6 layers. This will ensure that you are comfortable with the roller settings and die performance.
1. Select your die and your fabric. Fold fabric to get multiple layers or cut fabric to fit within the
active cutting area.
2. Place your Metal Adapter Plate on the White Base Plate.
3. Place fabric or other material on the metal plate, then place die with cutting edge down toward the metal plate and fabric.
4. Cover sandwich with clear top plate.
5. Run your sandwich through the die cutting machine. Adjust roller pressure before moving the plates
through the machine. The lesser the material thickness the smaller the pressure needs to be.
Limited 2-Year Warranty.
Fab Dies Features & Benefits
- Cut delicate and precise shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Cut up to 6 layers at once.
- Easy to use. Place, Roll, and Reveal perfect cuts every time.
- Open dies allow for easy fussy cutting.
- No need to clean blades or worry about wear over time.
- Save fabric by having full control over die placement on the fabric.
- Don't worry about fabric stretch as these dies use pressure to create perfect cuts.
- Safe to handle with no sharp cutting edges.
- No longer worry about cutting with the bias.
- Light and easy to handle, store, and transport.
Fab Die Tips:
- Use up all your fabric by nesting dies close together on your fabric.
- All Fab Dies work together so intricate patterns and blocks are easily achievable.
- Some shapes require special instructions for quilting.
- Reflect your die shapes by cutting your fabric right side down.
- Adjust the roller on the Crossover or other adjustable roller die cutting machines, depending on the amount of fabric or thickness of fabric being cut.